Back to Jobs
Augusta is an established litigation and disputes funding company with a team of professionals across four offices; London, Sydney, Melbourne and Toronto. Augusta is actively seeking to hire an experienced Investment Manager to assist in the origination, legal and economic review, structuring and execution of investments into energy, construction and infrastructure sector cases in the UK and Australia.
Title: Investment Manager – Energy, Construction, Infrastructure
Location: London, Victoria, UK
Term: Permanent – Full Time
Salary range: £90,000 to £100,000
- Augusta is seeking to appoint an experienced Investment Manager with exposure to the legal and financial services markets in London and Sydney.
- Responsible for assessing the legal merits and the economic metrics of a wide range of litigation, arbitration (and where appropriate, adjudication) cases within the energy, construction and infrastructure sectors.
- Experience in investment process management, as well as legal knowledge and training, and previous exposure to economic review is required.
- Exposure to either the legal services or financial services markets, or ideally third-party disputes funding, across the UK and Australia.
- Additional responsibilities reviewing general commercial disputes across multiple legal jurisdictions as required, on an ad-hoc basis.
- Ability to provide financial expertise in structuring and modelling corporate and law firm portfolio cases, as well other bespoke claims products.
- An understanding of third-party funding in the context of litigation and arbitration disputes.
- Legal qualification in England & Wales or New South Wales.
- Investment management or economics degree is desirable.
- Experience working for a financial services company or relevant fund previously.
- Able to work closely with senior management and contribute to investment management reporting.
Job opening date: 1st April 2020
Job closing date: 30th April 2020