Back to Jobs
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
The primary objective is to be the first point of contact for clients looking to engage with Augusta. The role involves working to generate and maintain strong working relationships for Augusta to generate case leads and undertake initial case assessment.
- Cultivates and grows a strong external network to create new business leads.
- Develop sales strategy to acquire, maintain and expand client portfolio with the General Litigation team.
- Acquisition of new clients through generating new sales leads from all relevant sources.
- Driving towards the deployment of funds via acquisition of cases worthy of funding and working to target KPI’s.
- Contribute to the development of unique and innovative sales tools.
- Manage investment target sheets based on the deployment of funds.
- Financial analysis and review of each case.
- Regular liaison with reviewers and broker regarding the feasibility of cases.
- Conduct risk analysis for each case.
- Effectively manage the desktop due diligence process and coordinate with the investment team to provide initial assessment.
- Review the recovery and enforcement strategy and prospects.
Pricing and economics
- Design and implement appropriate charging structure.
- Model the economics of each case and assess if it matches Augusta risk criteria.
- Help build the profile and reputation of Augusta; and contribute to the business strategy in conjunction with the objectives of the General Litigation team, including marketing initiatives.
- Proactively build a personal profile outside the business (via professional networks and organisations) to drive awareness of Augusta Ventures’ unique offering and generate business leads.
- Develop new thinking and thought leadership that contributes to business growth.
- Attend and organise networking events (any involving expenditure to be supported by a business case) to demonstrate clearly the desired outcomes and value to the business.
Supervisory and development
- Oversee and manage the development of Client Relationship Associates in their role and developing their skill base. Specifically:
- Manage workload of direct reports.
- Act as a key source of advice and pastoral support.
- Encourage, inspire and motivate direct reports so that they feel they have opportunities to develop.
- Actively participate in continual professional development taking an active interest in the industry and in developing new ideas and skills which can be of benefit to the business.
Core Values and attributes
Aligning with Augusta’s core values, the successful individual will demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Align with a client-centric approach.
- Be passionate about our clients and our business.
- Act with discretion, integrity, respect and professionalism at all times.
- Adopt a collaborative approach.
- Commitment to professional excellence and a drive to continually grow and develop.
- Adaptable and resilient with the ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment and industry.
- Passionate about relationship and client development and genuine interest in the litigation funding arena.
- Qualified Solicitor (England & Wales or other Common Law jurisdiction) with a minimum of 5 year PQE.
- Genuine interest in commercial deal making and ability to think commercially and quickly bearing in mind the dynamics of every transaction and the benefit / risk to the fund.
- Ability to identify and assess risk and present this to all customers (internal and external).
- Strong financial and other analytical skills.
- Strong commercial negotiation skills.
- Acts with discretion, integrity and professionalism at all times.
- ·Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills across all levels of people.
- Creates an immediate, positive and credible impression on others.
- Develops and maintains strong relationship with managers, colleagues, clients and external parties.
- Proactively develops initiatives with the objective of delivering an effective and efficient service to the business and clients.
- Calm under pressure and successfully manages multiple tasks.
- Fully proficient level of competency of all mainstream software packages that are relevant to the role.
- Shows initiative and adopts a proactive approach.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to [email protected]