Back to Jobs
Augusta is an established litigation and disputes funding company with a team of professionals across London, Sydney, Melbourne and Toronto. Augusta is now actively seeking to hire an experienced Legal Cost Analyst in London. The role is aimed at an experienced professional with an advanced understanding of legal costs in the context of litigation and disputes, ideally from a recognised law firm in London.
Work closely with the Legal Operations Manager and Investment Managers to ensure case budgets are viable for funding and the necessary processes have been completed and Augusta’s Platform is maintained. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Review law firm budgets prior to instructing external budget reviewer;
- Continuously review, monitor and process Law Firm case budgets ensuring alignment with funding agreement, proactively flagging issues and suggesting commercial solutions;
- Assist Investment Managers to prepare for Settlement discussions, modelling waterfalls and settlement scenarios;
- Budget variations as and when required, drafting documents and amending precedents;
- Liaise with the Finance team on payment of law firm invoices relating to case funding.
Deployment of funds
Be the liaison between external clients (Law firms) and internal clients (Investment Managers) and the Finance team to co-ordinate the deployment of funds for approved matters across the Augusta Ventures Group (London / Toronto / Australia offices) which includes:
- Release of funds forms;
- Obtaining all necessary approvals;
- Uploading forms to The Augusta Platform;
- Coordinating provision of cashflow and deployment forecasts to finance.
- Work closely with Investment Managers across the Origination, Diligence and Monitoring teams to co-ordinate ATE insurance via our preferred broker.
- Legal costs background, with 3 to 5 years experience.
- Adverse/Defendant costs experience (preferred).
- Relevant degree is essential in either Law, Economics or Business.
- LPC qualification would be beneficial.
- Familiarity with cost budgets is essential.
- Experience of Civil Procedure Rules and the litigation procedure.
- Intermediate knowledge of using Microsoft Office, in particular Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and confidently with internal and external stakeholders, particularly members of the legal profession.
For more information please contact, Jared Glazier, Head of Recruitment. [email protected]