Back to Jobs
About the business and the role
Augusta Ventures (Australia) Pty Ltd (“Augusta”) is a new litigation fund in Australia and we are looking for a full-time paralegal to join our due diligence and monitoring teams. Augusta Ventures Limited is one of the leading funders in the UK.
It is an exciting time to get involved in litigation funding in Australia, with the industry continuing to evolve and the role played by funders expanding. This position offers exposure to a diverse range of commercial litigation cases, working in a collaborative team environment and mentoring by senior lawyers.
Reporting to the Investment Managers, who conduct due diligence on proposed cases and monitor approved cases, your role and responsibilities would include:
- Assisting Investment Managers to complete funding applications and key contracts, including preparing chronologies and dramatis personae;
- Preparing briefs to counsel;
- Legal research on issues relevant to funding applications;
- Taking notes of key meetings and conference calls;
- Assisting with monitoring of cases once funded, including reviewing invoices and issuing notices to funded parties;
- Assisting with maintaining and updating the electronic document management and operating system for each case, including uploading documents and adding data relevant to each case such as budgets and party information; and
- Compiling files and indices for cases.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have had experience in commercial litigation as a paralegal or lawyer;
- Have a law degree from an Australian university or have been admitted to practice in an Australian jurisdiction;
- Have strong attention to detail, be highly organised and be able to juggle a busy workload with competing deadlines;
- Have sound computer skills, including Microsoft Office;
- Have excellent research skills and show initiative and independence in completing tasks; and
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills across all levels of people.
If you believe you meet the above criteria and have a “can do” attitude and a “results driven” approach, please email [email protected].