Back to News
Augusta have been recognised by Chambers and Partners as a Band 2 ranked department within Litigation Funding 2022.
- “Extremely responsive and bend over backwards to find solutions.”
- “Very careful, thoughtful and hard-working.”
Louis Young continues to be listed as a notable practitioner:
“Louis is exceptional in the way he helps us and clients to find solutions.”
Some of the most recent work highlights reflected in our ranking include:
- The UK Consumer Association, Which? An opt-out collective action in the Competition Appeal Tribunal (CAT), against Qualcomm, seeking more than £500m in losses, on behalf of over c. 29 million UK consumers who purchased 4G Apple or Samsung handsets.
- Home Insurance Consumer Action Limited. An opt-out collective action in the CAT, against ComparetheMarket/BGL group, following the Competition and Markets Authority’s finding that ComparetheMarket had breached competition law through the use of ‘most favoured nation’ clauses.
- Kabwe Lead Poisoning Class Action against Anglo American South Africa. Augusta is funding Mbuyisa Moleele (the lawyers acting for thousands of Zambian residents who will be pursuing a class action).
- Various investors. At least £18 million worth of lost investment in the Woodford Fund, on behalf of 1500 people, is being claimed by Harcus Parker, a specialist commercial litigation firm, with proceedings currently being held in the High Court.
We would like to thank Chamber and Partners and all referees that have contributed to our success in this year’s ranking – view our full profile
For more information regarding our services, please contact a member of our team of litigation funding experts.